Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.

SiteLock

Support

Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

11-02-2018 05:36
Nope I haven't heard from smokin22s, Durod, Bobster and the others in a few years now. We're long over do. I've spoke to Bobster (briefly) think it was a year agao but that's about it.

10-02-2018 19:59
Smokin22s ever come back around to race?

10-02-2018 17:06
Nice to drive with everyone again - long time since I was on-line - missed you leave the game Ralph - bye Smile

09-02-2018 03:02
LoL Sleeper - Can we ask what game - hehe

08-02-2018 11:55
you know, when you play a game that makes you so angry within the first 3 minutes of playing, its time to move on Smile

04-02-2018 19:45
lol - almost up to level 15. Killed my Sunday with FH3

04-02-2018 19:45
I've got a standing desk, so a standing wheel setup sounds cool too. Do you somehow use pedals with that?

04-02-2018 19:43
Funny you should say that, i've been eyeballing a corner of the room with a guitar cab in it i never use. Cab could go in the crawlspace and maybe i could build something there.

04-02-2018 17:42
i honestly wouldnt mind building a more car like arrangement but i do other stuff than just race and this room isnt big enuf for a full seat rig and this big ass electric recliner lol

04-02-2018 17:11
i love my wheel stand pro, i dont think i could go back to sitting at a desk or something and playing on pc, love my recliner, wheelstand pro. and 60inch tv lol

View Thread
 Print Thread
how i play the crew (and other things)
TheSleeper
this is my area, for my exclusive usage, no one may touch my stuff Smile

excuse the mess lol

i use wireless kb, mouse (and wireless headset when the need arises). the tv is 60in so i can read text and play other games while reclining at ease. i use the 32in tv on right for chat windows, music player, or watch netflix or tv sometimes while i am playing games like civ or something that doesnt require my undivided attention.

the wheel is the newer driving force mounted on a wheel stand pro (man that thing works great). the buttons and even the zoom wheel work excellent in the crew and can all be programmed if you want to customize. rarely i gotta sorta scoot it back towards me after some wild braking or accelerating, but even then it doesnt interrupt or distract me. if my floor wasnt so smooth and slippery it wouldnt even do that i am sure. anyone wants to sit in any chair and race, i recommend the wheelstand pro or something akin.
TheSleeper attached the following file:
Please login or register to see attachments.

Edited by TheSleeper on 03-01-2015 19:34

Ralph68
Nice setup there Sleeper, how do you like the Thrustmaster? Reason I ask is my G25 is starting to wear out and I'm thinking about replacing it with the Thrustmaster T500RS and the TH8RS shifter. It's a lot more expensive than the G27. I'm not to thrilled with the buttons on the G25 they wear out easy and can't get replacements for any thing on this wheel. The T500RS looks to be built really well, from the video's and reviews I've read and watched.

Just a thought but maybe put a bath mat under your setup so it don't move. Those bath mats have a rubber bottom so I would think that would stop any sliding on your hardwood floor. Smile
www.10secrides.com/downloads/Smileys/peace.gif

www.speedtest.net/result/6111873329.png

http://10secrides.com
TheSleeper
it only slides very occasionally, you dont even notice it really cause you are already gripping the wheel. its so easy to just pull wheel towards you a litlte bit to adjust the whole thing where you want it while you are playing or in between runs.

i dont think i have ever had a thrustmaster wheel. i have read good things about them but at the time i got this wheel i also wanted the wheel stand pro. i got the wheels stand pro plus the driving force gt together for less than the thrustmaster would have cost with peripherals if i remember correctly, and about the same as a g27, the g25s werent out anymore.

most of my wheels have been logitech. my first serious wheel was a momo that i completely wore out in mco. it still worked fine, but you could grab the wheel and it had like 1/4 of an inch slop in any direction around the shaft of the wheel LOL, then i went with a driving force pro i had before mco sunsetted that i got to play gran turismo on the ps2 and it always worked good with my pc. i just replaced it with the driving force gt finally this last year.

i actually am still using my original dfp pedals as they were interchangable, but the dfp wheel was kinda acting up, occasionally randomly losing power. i put millions of miles on that thing between gran turismo all the way to gt6, midnight club la, and whatever i was racing on the pc, and it worked great except for the randomly powering off issue. it made me so paranoid that i bought the new wheel before i got left in a lurch. i still have old dfp in the box just in case i need a spare, with the still brand new pedals in case these pedals quit working in any way.

i looked very, very hard at that t500 setup and it seemed a lot of people were very satisfied with them. i came this close to pulling the trigger on the more expensive wheel, i had it in my online cart and all. it just came down to the fact that i really wanted to get away from sitting at a desk all the time (because of clutter, and my back was starting to hurt) and i wanted a wheel stand pro for a long time. at the time i was only racing occasionally, and it was hard to justify that outlay of cash for what i was doing at the time.

Ralph68
What I don't like about the T500RS is the paddle shifters aren't connected to the wheel, they're mounted to the base, it doesn't come with a shifter and it's way over priced, imo. To buy the hole setup, wheel and shifter I'm looking at around $650.00 USD. I can't justify spending that kind of money. What I do like about it is if any of the buttons on the wheel stop working you can swap out the wheel.

I'm looking at the Fanatec Porsche 911 GT2 and the Porsche 911 GT3 RS V2. They are much cheaper than thrustmaster but looks like they both don't come with a shifter either which is ok because I really like the Thrustmaster TH8RS.

So as it stands now the buttons on my G25, the left button is dead and the right one isn't far behind. My wheel has a gritty feel when I rotate it so I'm looking into taking it apart to clean it and re-grease it. but if I screw it up and break one of the fragile wires I don't have a backup so I'm hesitant about it.

Another thing I like about Fanatec, I am able to use my logitech pedals, so I would buy a Fanatec wheel use my g25 pedals and buy the TH8RS shifter, would be a nice setup. Right now I'm looking into repairing my wheel, if I can clean the micro switchs and re-grease it I hope it will be ok. Sorry for hijacking your thread man I was just curious how you liked the TM wheel. Smile

TheSleeper
no problem on the hijacking, but i dont think i have ever had a thrustmaster wheel though.

i did a lot of reading on wheels when i starting thinking to replace my old one, and i read great things about the fanatec wheels also. they are supposedly very, very good quality. they even make one wheel that works with the playstation, pc, AND a xbox 360, which interested me as it was kinda before the new consoles and i was slightly tempted to get into forza. i wont be in the new generation of consoles tho. i had a lot of fun with gran turismo on the playstations but i think im done with that.

thinking back...i had already bought the wheel stand pro and was kinda indecisive on replacing the wheel, then it lost power a couple times in one week again, shortly after my wheelstand pro arrived, and i had to make a decision. the problem is, i had already bought the wheelstand pro that fit the driving force series, and i would have had to buy an adapter plate to make other wheels mount properly or modify it myself.

i sorta did modify how my wheel was mounted as it would have just been clamped on to the metal base plate originally. i put a 2x4 on the base, screwed it to the base with wood screws, then clamped my wheel on it with the desk clamps. then i drilled holes through the plastic clamps and put screws up through the clamps from the bottom, up thru the base and into the wood as well to make it rock solidly mounted, no moving.

i thought about the g27 because it was cheaper overall than the t500 or the fanatec (my first choice probably) but...my wheel was so much cheaper and my dfp had lasted so many miles and years, i just went back with what i was already comfortable with, i guess.

at one time i wanted a "realistic" clutch and shifter setup but i am happy with just the sequential one attached to my wheel. i figure i have enough to concentrate on without trying to run a third pedal while im driving LOL. i drive with my left hand almost exclusively, my right hand rests on the base of wheel to shift, and use both feet for gas and brake. which is funny since i dont drive that way in real life but i dont think after 15 years of racing games i want to retrain my hands and feet LOL. i have enough trouble getting around the track as it is Smile

Ralph68
LOL damn I had thrustmaster on the brain when I posted that or maybe my bad memory had something to do with it. Frown

TheSleeper
with new pc, came idea to move things around. its more in corner and more compact now. the big patio door isnt directly behind me anymore either, which makes a difference. even with the blinds build into the doors and vertical hanging blinds both closed, it kinda created glare behind me.

i also bought a duplex switch so now i can watch tv, blue ray player on both tvs, where before they were only hooked to the small tv unless i got around back and switched cords around. it doesnt play well with the computers, though, it seems to try to auto detect the tvs imcorrectly and sometimes lose signal if i switch both pcs to diff tvs at same time. so old pc is run to switch, new one is not, and it seems to be working ok as long is i only have switch on one tv to pc but not the other.

on a side note, the digital cable box happened to be on history channel while i was rehooking everything up (and cleaning all the dust up yuck), and was on the 60in tv. it was a show about a more recent expedition to the titanic. they were using 3d imaging on the wreckage and area around it, was freakin amazing watchin the guy put parts together in midair that were scanned and computer modeled. they were also using 3d glasses to see what the rov were seeing underwater and it was pretty amazing when they showed on tv what they were seeing. i honestly lost bout a half hour while i was sposed to be "working" on my stuff LOL.

anyway, eventually, the left pc will go in the closet i spose. ill probably yank the hd and put in this one, but until i need to, i guess its not hurting anything. i still use it to download and convert my audio books to mp3 from youtube to listen to at work. some older scifi ones are pretty good and hadnt caught the books themselves before. it also still has windows 7 and some older games i havent played in a while, but may want to again, maybe ill keep it intact unless my new hd starts to get to full Smile

Ralph68
awesome setup sleeper, looks nice man. Smile

TheSleeper
My new messy area, but I got my own man cave room now
There are two kinds of pedestrians, the quick and the dead

TheSleeper
ack dint upload pics from phone lol.

TheSleeper
and one of me reading my last post lmfao

Sub
Ahh! I see the standing wheel setup there. Seems like that might be the way to go for us space limited types.

TheSleeper
hmm i need to sweep...heres a pic closer up, the pedals are mounted to the base with that cross bar, it flexes when you tighten it and the pedals sit against the back of the stand. i just set it in front of me and pull the wheel back to comfortable position, or push it forward when i get up or am done so its out of the way. the block of wood is just so i could clamp the wheel down better. the old wheel had screws up through the clamps at underneath, but this one has never moved so i dont worry about it.

TheSleeper
ugg file type not allowed, let me tinker with the pic again, see if it will upload.

TheSleeper
http://wheelstand...m/products

i know you can buy different adapter plates, or at least you used to be able to, so you can directly bolt like a g27 on or whatever, mine dint have a direct bolt on plate particularly. you can get like a drop down side shifter adapter i think, plus i know you could get different top plates. it really wouldnt be hard to make whatever you wanted and just attach it to the existing plate, to be honest.

for instance if you wanted to use a real flying type setup. i once thought about getting one of those that would work as wheel and a yoke for flying a plane but i wasnt sure if rugged enough for me yanking about like that LOL

ilike it because i cant sit anywhere and pull it back to race yet it isnt that heavy and easy to move about or put in corner, i used to stick it in corner kinda behind couch at one time, when i wasnt using it.
Edited by TheSleeper on 05-02-2018 14:03

TheSleeper
http://wheelstand...-deluxe-v2

that setup always made me look at it ...

Ralph68
my old fanatec shit the bed so I replaced it with a Thrustmaster T300RS, got it at newegg on sale for 299. If I held off a little longer I could have gotten it on black friday for 249.. of well not going to fret over 50 bucks it's a great wheel. I also got the t3pa-pro peddles at newegg, I got them on bf for 99 bucks I didn't need them so soon but the price was right so I jumped. I have to say this is by far the best racing wheel I've ever used. This is my 5th wheel and will be my last being, you can change rims when your paddles or buttons wear out. Really nice build quality.. I would recommend the T300RS to you or anyone in the market for a new wheel. Not to mention it's compatible with most all wheel games past and future, great support.

I like that wheel stand you got there Sleeper, I have mine bolted to my desk and it's proven to be a real pain in the arse. I have to say I'm a little surprised at the price for the newest version of the stand.. 180.

TheSleeper
mine doesnt have any kind of shifter holder or anything so might have been cheaper, i dont remember but i think it was about 120 or something

Jump to Forum:
Online Status
Statistics
· New Members:
Today: 0 » Last 7 Days: 0 » Last 30 Days: 0
· In total there are 1 users online :: 0 member and 1 guest
· Most users ever online was 290 on 27-03-2016 16:16
· Welcome to our newest member, Sub :: Total Members: 295
· Total members who have visited today: 0