Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.

Support

Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

06-12-2017 05:47

05-12-2017 21:38

05-12-2017 19:19
the feel is simular to nfs15 as far as cruising would go, but the amount of cars is just staggering

05-12-2017 19:18
you should get the full copy, i did too, not bothered with the dlc, just the full game. and this isnt filled with nfs kids crashing everybody but they actually drive nicely in it. map is small but it sure doesnt feel like it all tho i dont see us cruise

05-12-2017 19:02
and i had the same problem with it in the demo with the g27, not with the t500 and tweaked settings its much better and actually more sim like then arcade. and all the cars handle different too. really not bad at all

05-12-2017 19:01
you know they have adaptors for it? 2 x molex to combine into a single x6 power connector for the card... i had to do that too lol

05-12-2017 19:00
as soon as i can figure out how to record ill make a vid for the settings, dispite the map beeing smallish this is even better then nfs2015 was as far as handling goes. @ ralph, maybe time to install the gtx950? if you dont have the x6 connector for power

05-12-2017 18:34
my game plays on ultra settings np but I took it down a notch set it on high. lol Smile

05-12-2017 18:31
.. i wish I could settle her down a bit more but I think I can tolerate it. May even grab a full copy.

05-12-2017 18:29
My car was exactly like Don's was super jerky handling, even after setting sensitivity to zero it was bad. that wheel damper made the game somewhat enjoyable for me...

View Thread
10 Second Rides » General Forum » Game Chat
 Print Thread
Eve Online
TheSleeper
i had this absurdly long post in the star citizen forum, figured it was not where it should be, so i copied the absurdly long book of a post over here LOL.

just my opinion on eve online..

i think eve online had the potential to be THE PRE-EMINENT space game of all time, but it seemed like they just thought too small. for a while it was almost like inbred players, with LOT of accounts, wanted to keep control, without a lot of new blood coming in. sometimes, the new content seemed so excruciatingly slow to come to the game. and then there was always that week or two until they got a patch to fix the new content, cause it broke eve LOL. how many times, i had to tell new players, big patch make sure you got skill training for at least a week, if not two, who knows WHAT this patch is gonna break LOL. not to mention fiddling with things that dint need fiddling with, then a few months later fiddling it back, then nerfing one ship or the other just out of the blue. was aggravating how much isk i spent on a few ships, that i couldnt give away 6 months later.

griefing and ganking, plus the community that just seemed to deteriorate over the last few years i played eve, finally pushed me over the line, i think. man the chat was just unmoderated nastiness, in all reality. had an awesome chat system and just was filthed, fouled, and spammed to death. i also liked having some space i could do what i wanted in, if i wanted to pvp i could, if i dint want to, i didnt have to. when they made ships scannable in mission space, started to "wink wink" about all the ganking in high sec space, and released ships specifically designed for ganking in high sec, it sorta ruined it for me.

we used to open a mission and then do mining stuff with noobs and help them with their missions and get on their feet, learn the game. too many new guys lost their early on pve ship, or a mining ship or hauler, not knowing at the time it would get easier to replace as time went on, and just quit. i personally dont care for the cutthroat kinda game play, especially the rude, braggy crowing that went along with it.

i figured i was getting to be the odd man out, im not gonna tell someone else how to play. i got tired of being told how to, and the game being changed in ways that were really unnecessary, and i figured i would just vote with my feet. i would rather do cooperative stuff rather than stress out watchin someone get croaked and quit after playin a couple of weeks, cause they dont understand aggro rules or loopholes or whatever.

to be honest, most of the pvp wasnt that exciting really. sit around for hours staring at screen, tryin not to have to get up and be a weenie cause you had to pee, or eat or, well, do anything in the real world. then suddenly, hey its a 50 man fleet, if you dont have a 100 man fleet on your side, run away. even with time dilation, the fleet battles were just lagfests. every medium to large fleet battle, i died without even knowing what happened, had to read the kill mail just to find out what happened. so few small engagements and i just couldnt sit around all that time just tryin to find someone to pvp with, was easier to pop on, kill some npcs, talk to some buddies, then attend to my real life.

realize, these are the things i really didnt like. i really liked the overall concept of the game, with the markets and special ships and stuff. reminded me of mco auctions sometimes, watch out for that special state edition golden unicorn raven or whatever. i prob got a dozen bil in ships sitting around, plus a bunch of isk, if my account still exists. last time i "quit" i sold everything and converted it to isk. this time i just sorta burned out and faded away.

havent been back in quite some time, now, and this time i havent missed it like i did the other times i quit, which is a shame really, i loved that game for years...

ffs damn game still makes me miss the early days, though, made obvious to me, when i realized how stupidly long and wordy this book of a post got to be.
There are two kinds of pedestrians, the quick and the dead

lcd-dog
can't say i disagree with most of what you typed down here really.
played it for almost 10 years so ive seen most of the changes you talked about happen too.
specially the grievers and suicide gankers in high sec were a pain in the ars.
as a rule i always was the most afraid when travelling in hi sec in a multi billion ship, everybody is a enemy there.
at least in lo and null sec you know what ever you meet is potentially a enemy or target to pop.
best place i spend time in was wormhole space were you dont have a local that warns you or your potential prey and pve was really worth spending time on.
stopped playing mid 2015 and actually not thought about going back into any time soon, dispite my 3 players mighty fleet mods and so on.
i was a wormhole mercenary and member of a pretty notorious alliance but not missing it much at all.
SC is rapidly going the same way with a few more options like first person shooter elements and such.
im betting the same grievers that lived there lives in eve are now present in SC, witch is a shame because you get killed a lot if you trust to get left alone witch they curtenly dont do...

TheSleeper
yeah i actually liked the wormhole content, and i always thought having people show up on local in low or null sec was a big, silly cheat. as much as the devs were in the pocket of the big low sec players, that was never gonna be changed. most of people i had played with had kinda gravitated out of the game, and in the wormhole i just dint have enough people online to do much. wasnt that much fun alone, spent a lot of time in our station, had a few wolfpacks come through, would shoot up p.o.s. guns a bit then leave lol. so i moved back to hi sec after a while.
There are two kinds of pedestrians, the quick and the dead

lcd-dog
Well, good news about Eve online has come out.
The free to play bit get's extended so you can actually
do some good stuff without having to pay a monthly fee.

Beeing able to freely play the game in a battlecruiser will
open it up for a larger amount of people and with it you can
easly do lvl 4 pve missions.

If any of you would want to give it a go, ill be happy to play a
support role and hook you up with a nicely fitted battlecruiser
when the time comes you can actually fly it.

Because you will need to train your toon before you can even fly the thing.
Either way i can still help you get thru the first weeks and help do the
tutor missions without problems and make you aware of what kind
of mechanics are involved and so on.

The whole game does require you to have a degree in rocket science but
i played it so long that i can call myself a veteran in that game.

My parked toons (3 of them) have a lot of ship's and goodies and im rich
enough on them to bankroll you a little startup boost.

I'll give a heads up when they roll out this new version of the free to play
part of it soon ....ish
www.speedtest.net/result/6369027021.png

lcd-dog
here is the artical about the changes Grin
to bad i still can't fly my big boats for free lol.
ship's like a carrier are so much fun to use, and i
could sum up a a few more that are extremely usefull
to mess up somebody's day in a hurry, like black ops ship's
with jump capability...
so much fun to open a cyno gate (a ship's own jump gate) and
watch the locals run like rat's to get to safety Grin

https://kotaku.com/eve-online-free-pl...1819295206
www.speedtest.net/result/6369027021.png

Jump to Forum:
Online Status
Statistics
· New Members: